Canon Pixma G2000 Setup support
Canon Pixma G2000 is a highly reliable printer which is specially designed for high volume printing at low cost. The Canon Pixma G2000 setup printer offers print, scan, and copy functions and has a four-ink tank system. It provides high-quality prints and has greater performance.
How to Setup Canon Pixma G2000 Printer?
- The first step of the procedure is to check if the seal of the package is damaged.
- If the seal is damaged, then exchange it for a new one.
- After ensuring a proper seal on the package, open it to take the contents out for the Canon Pixma G2000 setup process.
- Inspect if the additional accessories like warranty card, user manual, ink cartridges, ink bottle, etc., are present in the box.
- Unpack the Canon printer from its box and place it on a flat surface.
- The power cord’s one end has to be connected to the printer’s rear. Connect the other end to the power outlet.
- Switch on your Canon printer with the help of the Power button.
- Use the new ink cartridges for the installation.
- Make sure not to use any surge protectors to connect the printer and the power supply.
Canon Pixma G2000 Driver Download & Installation
Canon Pixma G2000 Driver for Windows
- Drivers can be downloaded with the help of the installation CD or from this website.
- Follow the below-given instructions to install the Canon Pixma G2000 driver with the help of the CD.
- Make sure that the Canon printer is turned off before initiating the installation process.
- Turn on your computer after inserting the CD and navigate to the Windows icon.
- Insert the installation CD in the computer’s drive for the Canon Pixma G2000 setup process.
- Select the Run Msetup4.exe option in the AutoPlay screen that pops-up.
- Then, select the Continue option once the Main menu is displayed on your screen.
- In the window of applications displayed, you have to select the list of applications to be installed.
- Then, accord to the Agreement of License.
Canon Pixma G2000 Driver for Mac
- Attach the USB cable’s one end to the computer and the other end to the Canon Pixma G2000 printer.
- Turn on your Mac system and place the installation CD in the drive.
- In the Setup screen, double-click on the Setup icon present in the center of the screen.
- Key in the Username and Password in the fields provided in the Authentication window.
- Make sure you enter the correct password.
- Tap the Easy Install option present on the Main Menu screen displayed on your screen.
- Select the list of software that you want to install on your computer from the Application Windows.
- Read the License Agreement thoroughly and then agree to it.
- Click the Next button present in that window to complete the Canon Pixma G2000 setup process.
Canon Pixma G2000 Connecting Via USB
- Prior to starting the installation procedure, make sure you quit all the apps running in the background.
- Verify that you have logged in as the Administrator into your system. As an Administrator, you will be able to grant the permission necessary to install the applications.
- Detach any USB cables that are attached to the computer before beginning the setup process.
- Then, turn off your Canon Pixma G2000 printer using the Power button.
- Switch on your Windows computer and insert the installation CD into the computer’s drive.
- When the files present in the CD are recognized, select the Msetup4.exe file.
- Tap the Yes option present in the User Account Control dialog box.
- Choose the Easy Install option followed by the Custom Install option to select the list of applications to be installed.
- Select the Install option and then in the Print Connection Method screen, you have to choose the Use the Printer via USB option as the mode of connection.
- Extend the input tray and load it with plain papers of appropriate size. Avoid overloading of the input tray.
- Choose the orientation as portrait before printing the alignment page.
- Click the Execute button present in the PrintHead Alignment window.
- The printhead alignment will take up to 7-8 minutes to complete. Once over, the alignment page will be printed. Get instant Canon Pixma G2000 setup & troubleshooting related support from our tech experts.
Canon Pixma G2000 Ink Cartridge Installation
- Turn on the Canon printer using the Power button present on the control panel.
- Pull the top cover in the upwards direction and then open the cartridge locking cover by lifting it.
- Unwrap the new Canon cartridges from its package. Discard the protective film and the orange tape from the cartridge.
- Install the new cartridges in a slightly slanting position in the correct slots.
- Then, close the cartridge locking cover in the downward direction.
- Press the Joint button situated at the top of the cartridge cover.
- Not pushing the Joint button downwards might lead to issues.
- Push the top cover in the downward direction after the installation process is complete. For further Canon Pixma G2000 setup related assistance, just reach us.
Canon Pixma G2000 Ink Cartridge Refill
- The printer will alert you when the ink levels are low.
- If you get an alert, then you have to refill the tanks in your Canon Pima G2000 printer.
- Do not move or shake the Canon printer while refilling and place it on a flat surface. This will avoid spilling of the ink when refilling.
- Check if the Canon printer is turned on.
- The top cover of the printer has to be opened in the upwards direction.
- Open the cover of the ink tank to refill them with ink.
- You have to open the black top cover to fill the black ink tank and the color ink tank cover to refill the color ink tank.
- Take out the refilling bottles and remove the plastic wrap present on it.
- The cap of the black ink bottle should be opened; then take off the knob present on top of the ink bottle.
- Place the bottle in an inverted position and squeeze it lightly to pour the ink into the tank.
- Then, open the cyan color ink bottle one by one and pour ink into the respective ink tank.
- Remove the lid of the yellow color bottle and empty it into the ink tank.
- Similarly, the blue ink bottle also has to be opened and poured into the blue ink tank.
- Close all the knobs of the ink tanks and then close the cover of the ink tank firmly.
- Finally, close the top cover of the printer and try printing a test page, once the Canon Pixma G2000 setup process is done.
Canon Pixma G2000 Reset Ink Cartridges
- Turn off your Canon printer with the help of the Power button.
- Press the Power and the Stop button at the same time and release it after a few seconds.
- Tap the Stop button while you are holding the Power button. The printer will display O after 30 seconds.
- Press the Stop button four times and then press the Power button twice.
- The printer will be reset after your press the Power button one more time.
- To reset the cartridges, dissociate the Canon printer from the power supply and USB cables.
- Lift the ink cartridge access door upwards while pressing the Power button.
- Then, attach the printer to the power source after a few seconds. Close the cartridge door.
- Now, release the Power button.
- The ink cartridges will now be reset.
Printing With Canon Pixma G2000
- Check if the Canon printer is turned on.
- Load papers of suitable size in the input tray. Align the papers on a flat surface before placing them in the input tray.
- Then, you have to select the Frequently Used Settings option in the Printer Driver’s Setup screen.
- Navigate to the Quick Canon Pixma G2000 Setup tab and then choose the Commonly Used Settings option.
- In the next screen, settings such as Additional Features Settings, Media type Settings, and the Paper Size are displayed.
- Set the Print Quality as High, Standard, or Draft, according to your needs.
- Look for the document you want to print and open it on your device.
- Navigate to the File tab and select the Print option from the drop-down list.
- Specify the number of copies to be made and click the Print option.
How To Print In Envelopes With Canon Pixma G2000?
- Load the envelopes in the input tray of the printer after extending it.
- Open the Printer Driver Setup window and choose the Media type.
- From the Quick Setup tab, you have to select the Envelopes option present under the Commonly Used Settings tab.
- Click the OK button after choosing the size of the paper.
- Then, your next step is to set the Orientation as Landscape so that the addressee will be printed horizontally.
- Choose the Print Quality as either High or Standard in the proceeding step.
- Tap OK to save the settings you modified and the addressee will be printed on the envelope, once the Canon Pixma G2000 setup process is done.
How To Scan With Canon Pixma G2000?
- Scanning with Canon Pixma G2000 is a simple process if you follow the steps mentioned here.
- Prior to the scanning process, you have to check if the Canon IJ Scan Utility app has been installed on your system.
- The documents to be scanned has to be placed on the Scanner bed with the scan side positioned in the downward direction.
- Next, open the IJ Scan Utility app on your computer and go to the Settings option to change the Paper Size, resolution, etc.
- Tap the OK button after modifying the settings.
- If you want to scan a document, select the Document option.
- In case you are printing a photo, choose the Photo option from the menu bar.
- The scanning of the documents will now begin.
How to Copy With Canon Pixma G2000?
- First, you have to check if the Canon Pixma G2000 printer is turned on for the Canon Pixma G2000 setup process.
- The input tray has to be extended and loaded with papers before initiating the copy process.
- The original documents have to be positioned on the platen glass. Make sure they are not damaged or wrinkled.
- The side to be copied should be placed in a downward direction.
- In case you want to change the Print Quality, then navigate to the Settings option.
- Standard or Draft can be set as the Print Quality.
- Choosing Standard will give more priority to Quality than the Print Speed.
- If you set it to Draft, then preference will be given to the print speed than the Quality.
- So, set a print quality according to your needs.
- Make use of the ‘+’ button present on the control panel to increase the number of copies to be made.
- Press the Color button to make a color copy or tap the Black button to copy in black & white.
Canon Pixma G2000 Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting will be of use if the printer does not work properly. Make use of the instructions given on this website to repair your Canon printer.
Canon G2000 Printer Not Turning On
- Firstly, turn off your Canon printer and check if it is connected properly to a power supply.
- If not connected properly, re-connect it.
- Switch on your Canon printer using the Power button.
- Dissociate the printer from the power source while it is turned on.
- Wait for at least 2 minutes before associating the printer to a power supply.
- Turn on your Canon Pixma G2000 printer.
- Reach our tech experts if the above-specified solutions do not resolve the issue. Get Canon Pixma G2000 setup & installation related assistance.
Canon Pixma G2000 Paper Jam
- Turn off your printer and dissociate it from the power outlet.
- Pull to open the top cover by lifting it in the upward direction.
- Then, you have to verify if there is a paper jam.
- Pull the paper carefully with both your hands.
- Check the space below the cartridge holder to see if there is any paper stuck there.
- If yes, then discard it.
- After checking the printer thoroughly, take a test print to check if the printer is working properly.
Canon G2000 – No Ink On Paper
- In the initial stage, you have to check the ink levels of the ink tanks.
- If they are low on ink, then refill them to rectify the issue.
- Next, check if the nozzles of the printhead are clogged.
- The cartridges have to be installed properly in their slots.
- Else, remove the cartridge from the slot and install it again to sort out this issue.
- Service your printer if the above solutions do not rectify the issue or contact our tech experts to get Canon Pixma G2000 setup & troubleshooting related support.