CANON PIXMA TS9170 SETUP SUPPORT
The Canon Pixma TS 9170 is a wireless photo printer featuring a 6-ink system. The remarkable features include the high printing speed, ability to produce vibrant prints on photos, and two-way feeding. The Canon Pixma Ts9170 setup supports the Message in the Print app, using which you can decode the message sent by your friends in photos or prints.
How to Setup Canon Pixma Ts9170 Printer?
- Place your Canon Pixma Ts 9170 printer on a flat surface and set it free from all the packaging materials.
- Use the power cord supplied along with the printer to connect the printer to a nearby wall outlet.
- You have to power up the printer by pressing the Power button on it for the Canon Pixma Ts9170 setup process.
- Select your language and date, and set your preferences on the operation panel.
- Read and respond to the messages displayed on the screen.
- The next step is the installation of the ink tanks. Lift the scanner unit, and you have to wait for the printhead holder to halt.
- Unpack the new ink tanks, and insert them into the printhead holder. Make sure they are properly seated.
- Close the scanner unit, and proceed to load the paper.
- Remove the cassette from the printer, place some sheets in the tray and adjust the guides.
- Reinsert the cassette, and wait while the printer prints a Printhead alignment pattern.
- Scan the pattern to align the printhead.
- The printer’s hardware setup is complete.
Talk to our technicians..!!
Tired of fixing your printer on your own? Talk to our technicians who are experts in solving the recurring problems of your printer.
Canon Pixma Ts9170 Driver Download
- Go to the manufacturer’s site and provide your printer model.
- Go to the Get Product Support option, and select the Driver and Software tab.
- Choose the full feature software package displayed on the top, and click the Canon Pixma Ts9170 Driver Download option next to it.
- Wait while the file downloads. If you have the Mac OS, the file saves with the .dmg extension. On Windows, it saves with the .exe extension.
- Proceed with the driver installation.
- For instant Canon Pixma Ts9170 setup related support, just reach our techies.
Canon Pixma Ts9170 Driver Installation
- If you have downloaded the driver, locate the downloaded file in your local storage files.
- Give a double-click on the .exe or .dmg file (as per your operating system) to proceed with the installation.
- On the Canon Pixma Ts9170 setup screen that opens, click Next.
- If prompted, provide the administrator username and password.
- When the Start Setup screen appears, select the Start Setup tab.
- Agree to the license agreement to proceed with the installation.
- Choose the connection type using which you want to connect the printer, and connect the printer to your computer when prompted by the installer.
- Restart your computer to ensure a proper Canon Pixma Ts9170 driver installation. Check the installation by printing a test page.
Canon Pixma Ts9170 Ink Cartridge Installation
- To install the ink cartridges on your Canon TS9170 printing device, you have to make sure that it is on and in an active state. Open the top cover and remove the new ink tank out from the package.
- Peel off the orange tape and protective film completely. You have to hold the ink tank without blocking the air hole and the orange protective cap should be pointing up.
- Gently pull out the orange tape and install the new ink tank. Examine if the position of the ink tank matches the label. Insert the ink tank in a slanting position and snap it firmly into its place.
- Close the top cover after installing the cartridges. Contact our experts to get quick guidance for Canon Pixma Ts9170 setup & troubleshooting process.
Canon Pixma Ts9170 Wired Connection
- To establish a wired connection, connect one end of the cable to the computer. The other end of the cable should be connected to the Canon printing device.
- Power up your Mac system and then mount the Canon Pixma Ts9170 Setup CD. You have to double-click the CD-ROM icon on the desktop.
- Give a double-click on the Setup icon and when the authenticate screen prompts, type the administrator name and password. Click OK to proceed.
- You have click on Easy Install option on the main menu. The application software is installed automatically along with MP Drivers and on-screen manuals.
- Restart the Canon printing device once the installation is complete.
Canon Pixma Ts9170 Wireless Setup
- To establish a wireless connection, confirm that your printer is in an active state and the Canon Pixma Ts9170 setup is done. Hold the Wi-Fi button after giving a press until the power lamp flashes white.
- When the indicator turns blue, navigate the access area and give a press on the WPS button within 120 seconds. The blue light flashes while discovering the access point and stays still when the connection is successful. You can prefer printing the network settings page to confirm the Canon Pixma Ts9170 wireless setup.
- To print, load a plain paper into the respective tray. Press the Resume/Cancel button and hold it until the white light flashes six times. Now, the network info page gets printed.
- Go through the printout, check if the status of the connection is Active and the name of your wireless network is mentioned for SSID.
- Now you can proceed to install the printer software for your PIXMA TS 9170 printer to make most out of it.
Wi-Fi Direct Setup In Canon Pixma Ts9170
- Using Wi-FI Direct, you can establish a direct connection with your Canon printer. To enable Wi-Fi Direct, first check if the printing device is on. You have to give a press to the Wi-Fi button and hold it until the Wi-Fi lamp flashes.
- Press the Black button and then press the Wi-Fi button continuously till the Direct lamp flashes. To finalize the selection, press the Color or Black button.
- Get back to your system and turn on the wireless feature from the settings. When you see the list of wireless network, search for your Canon printer and click on it. When the screen prompts, type the password. Navigate to the network settings to know the password, or you can refer to the printer network configuration page. Your device gets connected to the Canon printer and you can start printing with it.
- Open a word application on your system and print through Wireless Direct. Get instant Canon Pixma Ts9170 setup guidance from our tech experts.
Canon Pixma Ts9170 How To Print?
- Perform the basic printing setup before printing any document or file.
- Load papers in the input tray initially.
- Go to the Printer driver’s Setup screen and choose the Commonly Used Settings under the Quick Canon Pixma Ts9170 Setup tab.
- Choose the Print Quality option and set the quality as High, Standard, or Draft.
- Select the Media Type and then click the OK option.
- Make sure that your printer and computer is connected properly.
- Look up for the document you want to print and open it.
- Navigate to the File menu and choose the Print option.
- In the Print Preview dialog box, specify the number of copies.
- Tap on the Print option to print your document.
How To Scan With Canon Pixma Ts9170?
Scan Using The Computer
- Load the original documents on the platen glass with the scan side facing downwards.
- The IJ Scan Utility must be installed on your system when installing the drivers.
- Go to Settings to specify the Paper Size, Resolution, PDF Settings, etc.
- Launch the IJ Scan Utility on your computer in the succeeding step.
- Tap on the Document or Photo option present in the Menu bar of the Scan Utility software.
- If you have placed a document, then click the Document option.
- In the case where you have placed a picture or image, choose the Photo option.
- The scanning will now start.
How to Copy with Canon Pixma Ts9170?
- Check if your Canon printer is turned on and the Canon Pixma Ts9170 setup is done.
- With this model of Canon printer, you can copy documents or images in color and Black & white.
- Choose the Copy option present on the home screen of the control panel.
- Then, choose the Standard Copy option, and then the Copy standby screen will be displayed.
- Place the file you want to copy on the scanner glass.
- The copy side should face downwards and not upwards.
- Change the Settings as per your choice and specify the number of copies you want.
- Specify the Page Size before copying.
- Then press the Color button for Color copy and the Black button for the black & white copy.
Canon Pixma Ts9170 Airprint Setup
- Your Canon printer should be turned on.
- Verify if the printer and the iOS device is connected to the same network in case of a wireless association.
- Load plain sheets of paper in the input tray. Do not overload the input tray as it will lead to printing problems.
- Open your AirPrint app, choose the Arrow icon present there.
- Select the Pixma printer you wish to connect to while printing.
- In the next screen, you have to choose the number of copies, color settings, and paper size.
- Once the Canon Pixma Ts9170 setup is done choose the Print option to print the document without any obstacles.
Canon Pixma Ts9170 Mopria Print Service
- Connect the Canon printer and the device to the same wireless network.
- Download the Mopria app on your device and install it.
- The Mopria app is available for free in the Google Play store.
- Firstly, enable the Mopria Print Service on your Android phone or tablet.
- Add your printer to the Mopria app.
- The printer will be displayed along with the name Mopria Print Service.
- Key in the number of copies, size of the paper, and few other settings if needed.
- After completing the Canon Pixma Ts9170 setup process. Click the Print option to start printing.
Canon Pixma Ts9170 Google Cloud Print
- Follow the steps given below to print with Google Cloud Print.
- Open your browser and select the Sign in to Chrome option.
- Log in to the Google Account with the help of the credentials.
- Choose the Print option and choose the Change option followed by the Destination option.
- Select the Canon TS9100 Series in the Google Cloud Print.
- Click on the Print option to successfully print your document.
- Printing from Google Cloud Print:
- Select the Settings icon present on the home screen.
- Choose the Start Cloud Print option and then tap on the Print from Google Cloud Print option.
- Confirm by selecting the Yes option. Reach our experts to know more about Canon Pixma Ts9170 setup & troubleshooting process.
Pixma Cloud Link Printing With Canon Pixma Ts9170
- Register with the PIXMA/MAXIFY Cloud link in the initial step.
- Select the Settings option and then the Cloud Application option to register.
- Tap OK on the Registration Preparation Completed screen.
- Then, press Next in the Confirmation window.
- Choose the CANON iMAGE GATEWAY option from the main screen.
- In the next screen, enter the Country/Region, User ID, and password.
- Select the Album from the album list and then choose the Photos you want to print.
- Tap on the OK option to start printing.
Canon Print Inkjet/Selphy App – Canon Pixma Ts9170
- Open the Canon Print Inkjet/SELPHY app on your device.
- When the No printer has been added. Perform Canon Pixma Ts9170 setup pop-up displays; you have to select the Yes option.
- Choose the Register Printer option present in the top left corner of the app.
- Search and add your printer to the app successfully.
- Open the document you want to print after finding it.
- Click the Next option and modify the Settings in the next screen.
- Settings such as paper size, printer to use, and other settings can be modified.
- Tap on the Print option to print the document or file you have chosen.
- The document will be printed with the settings that you changed.
Canon Pixma Ts9170 Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting is to set right the issues that occur with your Canon Pixma TS9170 printer. Instructions on troubleshooting several issues are given on this webpage. You can make use of it to solve any issues with your printer at home itself.
Canon Pixma Ts9170 – Print Job Does Not Start
- Inspect if the power supply is connected properly through a power cord to the printer and check whether the Canon Pixma Ts9170 setup is done properly.
- If not, then disconnect it and connect it again.
- Check if the Canon printer and computer are connected properly to one another.
- The Paper Settings information should match with the paper loaded in the input tray.
- Delete the print jobs that are already in queue to resolve this issue.
- Verify if the output tray is extended and set in the proper position.
Canon Pixma Ts9170 – Scanner Is Not Working
- See if the Canon Pixma TS9170 printer is in the turned-on state.
- If connected using a USB connection, then associate the USB cable to a different port.
- Remove the USB hub if your USB cable is connected to a USB hub. The hub can also cause such problems.
- Verify the Connection Status and make a reconnection if needed.
- Restart your computer if the above solutions fail.
Canon Pixma Ts9170 – Not Able To Update Drivers
- Check if the latest update that has been released is compatible with your OS version.
- Change the connection mode if you are not able to update your driver.
- Make sure that the computer is able to identify the printer during the process.
- Take your Canon Pixma TS9170 printer to the nearest service center if the above ideas fail or just reach our technical experts to get quick guidance for Canon Pixma Ts9170 setup & troubleshooting process.